The main objective of this project is to develop and commercially launch a new modular bike lane made of recycled materials (polypropylene, elastomers, and fibers) that satisfy all current infrastructure needs with no maintenance, a long life time and being cost competitive. Besides, our development will highly contribute to the European Union Circular Economy Action Plan.
Its expected objectives are:
- To eliminate the difficulty of integrating a new lane in the cities or built new infrastructures.
- To contribute to the sustainable urban transport by implementing an extensive and coordinated cycle lane infrastructure, allowing an extremely efficient use of road space in any area. RECYCLANE will be an efficient, fast, comfortable, safe and well-connected infrastructure.
- To decrease the construction times (by 70%) and facilitate the installation of cycle infrastructures.
- To prevent excavation damages derived from the installation of systems such as pipes, or electrical systems.
- To eliminate the maintenance costs associated to current bike lanes (36% of investments costs).ToTo solve the main problem derived from asphalt, which highly retains the heat. RECYCLANE will avoid the increasing of the temperature and consequently, the air contamination.
- To be accessible to more vulnerable groups: children, old population and disabled riders, through its adaptable design.
- To re-use postconsumed plastics as a valuable raw material, highly contributing to solve current economic and environmental problems derived from plastics and to the circular economy.
|CARMEN FERNANDEZ AYUSO (+34625814684/+34968632200)/JOSE ANTONIO PLAZA (+34663613290/+34968632200)||firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com|