External Website:View Website
The European Commission and the Digital Cities Challenge initiative invites you to take part in a high-level conference on 'Digital Cities Challenge: A strategy for EU cities in the 21st Century' on 5 June 2019 at the European Commission. The conference will showcase the trends that are shaping urban areas in Europe, strengthen the dialogue on the opportunities offered by advanced technologies to transform cities into catalysts of smart and sustainable growth and pave the way for the future strategy for Intelligent Cities in the 21st century.
It will discuss the following thematic priorities:
- Creating sustainable and thriving city-ecosystems, which catalyse the coordinated action to digitally transform their territories
- Shaping the cities of the future, by investing in high-tech infrastructure, promoting access to technology and open data and acting as testbeds for emerging technologies
- Upskilling the cities through disruptive education and training, as an essential condition for the industrial modernisation and digital transformation of a territory.
- Over 400 participants are expected including high-level speakers, such as:
- Policy makers
- Industry and business leaders, clusters and associations
- Representatives of international organisations (UN, WEF, OECD, etc)
- Academics, digital transformation and smart city experts, representatives of think tanks, training expert
More information is available here