Several Interreg programmes offer great opportunities for transport related cooperation projects contributing to the transition towards a low carbon and circular economy and improved framework conditions for innovation or just more effective technologies.
The uptake of funding for and by transport projects within Interreg programmes has been slow, leaving considerable amounts of ERDF unused.
Until today mainly projects focusing on green personal mobility have been submitted to Interreg but the volume of approved projects remains limited. Other areas of transport remain for the moment largely uncovered with also a low influx of project ideas.
Call and services offered by the Flanders Innovation & Entrepreneurship (FIE)
The Interreg National Contact Points (NCP) within FIE call upon all interested parties with knowledge of advanced project ideas in the field of transport and wishing to work together in supporting related consortia towards a possible Interreg application.
Interreg NCPs within FIE offer the following services:
- match making between foreign consortia and major Flemish players in the domain of transport;
- advice as to which programme offers the best strategic fit for which consortium and topic;
- hands-on and 1 on 1 guidance for project development during the elaboration of Interreg proposals;
- assistance with partner searches through Interreg networks;
- liaising with Interreg NCPs form other EU countries to further establish cross-border or transnational consortia;
- facilitate 1 on 1 or group interaction sessions
In terms of timing the ambition is to make as much as possible use of the nearest upcoming Interreg calls deadlines. This also to avoid as much as possible collision with possible BREXIT fall-out in certain Interreg programmes.
- 28/08/2017 North Sea Region (expressions of interest call)
- 27/10/2017 2 Seas (concept notes call)
- 17/11/2017: NorthWest Europe (concept notes call)
- March 2018: Flanders-Netherlands (concept notes call)
Members with project ideas, who concretely want to react to the call, they should contact the NCP's:
T: +32 (0)2 553 37 70
Flanders Innovation & Entrepreneurship (Interreg Flanders-Netherlands programme: Cooperation is almost only possible between Dutch and Flemish partners with
a link to the cross-border area. Only in exceptional circumstances partners from outside the programme area can
T +32 (0)2 553 37 16
Flanders Innovation & Entrepreneurship (Interreg 2 seas programme: Cooperation between Flemish, French, English and Dutch partners located in the programme
area. In case of high added value partners from outside the programme area can participate in projects).
T +32 (0)2 553 37 29
Flanders Innovation & Entrepreneurship (Interreg North Sea Region: Cooperation between partners from Flanders, Germany, The Netherlands, UK, Sweden,
Denmark and Norway + NorthWest Europe: Cooperation between partners from Belgium, Germany, France, The Netherlands, Luxemburg, UK,
Ireland and Switzerland).