A key role in transforming to Industry 4,0 might be played by Innovation Hubs, de-facto contemporary social infrastructures, dedicated to the promotion of opportunities coming innovation and tech transformation, to the developing and upgrade of skills into 4,0 skills, to the connection between technological solutions, new entrepreneurship and traditional SMEs. Those social infrastructures, with different governance and nature of private-public partnerships, their role will be the cornerstone of the INTERREG proposal.
The project will be implemented through actions dedicated to mutual learning and exchange between public authorities stakeholders and policy maker, Hub for innovation staff such and will focus on enabling lines and factors to support the transition toward Industry 4,0 and the role envisaged to Hubs:
- Benchmarking on programming and funding schemes to stimulate Industry 4.0 innovations and experimentations. US SBIR programme will be one of the benchmark adopted.
- Development of theoretical approaches, models and tools to assess business readiness to industry 4.0 in the following dimensions: technology, organization, industrial relations.
- Development and testing of shared learning programmes for start ups and SMEs in order to improve their capacity to rapidly prototype new products and reduce time to market.
- Development and testing of benchmarked STEM educational models, approaches and tools for children and young people in schools, also through forms of edutainment and school and work orientation.
- Development and testing of shared models and tools to standardize and increase technology transfer between research and business, with an increased focus on patent models, practices, tools, approaches to standardize and increase tech transfer between R&D especially the number of patents, the number of patent traded, the patent merged in a bundle, the patent exchanged and exploited (out of the Research Organisations).
- Development and benchmark of technology scenarios toold in order to prioritise public investments.