This webinar aims to give you a basic understanding of how to properly deal with intellectual property issues and learn about common pitfalls and IP challenges in EU-funded research and innovation initiatives (FP7/Horizon 2020).
- After the training, participants should be able to answer the following main questions:
- What are the key characteristics of an EU-funded project and the different participating partners?
- Which IP aspects have to be considered in collaborative research projects?
- At which stages of the project does IP matter?
- Which rules exist within Horizon 2020 and what requirements have to be met?
- Which terminology is used?
- How do I define relevant background for my project?
- How do I define ownership of results?
- How do I set up a regime for granting access rights?
- What are basic IP aspects to be considered under Horizon 2020? (Please note that additional webinars specifically addressing exploitation issues under Horizon 2020 will be offered separately)
Time: 10.30-11.45 am (Central European Time, UTC + 1) - the webinar session will open 15 minutes before the official start