Energy & Climate Change
External Website:View Website
On Monday the 13th of May, VLEVA is organizing an event in light of the European Green Week.
The European Green Week is an initiative of the European Commission. During that week, environmental policy is at the center of numerous events.
What to expect?
Environmental laws have a huge impact on our lives. EU legislation improves water and air quality, nature protection, recycling and waste management.
Therefore this year the European Green Week focuses on the implementation of environmental legislation. The European Commission will publish a report on the state of affairs later this month.
Different Flemish civil society organizations will present their initiatives on how to achieve a better environment.
- 12.30 - Lunch
- 13.00 - Introduction
- 13.05 - The 7th Environment Action Programme (EAP) and first insides on the 8th EAP - (TBC)
- 13.35 - State of the Environment reporting in Flanders: for problem-based to solution-oriented - Marleen Van Steertegem (Flanders Environment Agency).
- 13.55 - System thinking: drawing causal loops for a Robust Water System - Dirk Halet (The Flanders Knowledge Center Water)
- 14.15 - Coffee break
- 14.30 - The implementation of the nitrates residue in Flanders - Annick Goossens (Flemish land Agency)
- 14.50 - ATMOSYS, a management system to support implementation of the Air Quality Directive - Stijn Janssen (Flemish Institute for Technological Research /VITO)
- 15.10 - PAS GeRUND - Farmers Union (TBC)
- 15.30 - ZUNUREC … a next step towards a closed water and nutrient cycle in horticulture - Jonas Wittox (Verhoeve Milieu & Water) and Els Berckmoes (Proefstation voor de groenteteelt)
- 15.50 - 16.30 - Goodbye coffee & networking
- When? Monday 13th of May
- Where? VLEVA: Kortenberglaan 71, 1000 Brussel
- Language: English
Read more about the Green Week on the DG Environment website.