The Parliament of Navarra adopted last June a Law on Waste and its Taxation with the aim to develop prevention measures to produce less waste, to implement high-quality separate waste collection, particularly with regard to organic matter and establishing a new taxation system, that penalises waste sent to landfill and creates a waste fund. The money collected by the fund will be used to fund circular economy projects. In this workshop the law from Navarra will be presented together with good practices of waste prevention from Portugal, Germany and the region of Brussels. The event will finish by a wrap up of good practices that could be exported to other regions.
- 10h – 10h20: The new (2018) Act on waste and its taxation of Navarra and first good results from the implementation of the Law, Raúl Salanueva, Government of Navarra
- 10h20 – 10h40: Biowaste Prevention: Good Practices developed with the community and for the community, Susana Freitas, LIPOR in Portugal
- 10h40 – 11h00: Three good examples in the area of waste prevention, Dr Henning Wilts, Wuppertal Institute in Germany
- 11h00 – 11h20: Brussels actions in the domain of enhancing a zero-waste behaviour within the population, Céline Schaar, Bruxelles Environment
- 11h20 – 11h40: Good practices that could be exported to/replicated in other regions, Jean-Benoit Bel, ACR+
- 11h40 – 12h00: Discussion Delegation of Navarra in Brussels
Registration available here: http://bit.ly/2US4vRJ