Innovative fashion: closing the gap between education and employment
The project aims to tackle the growing number of young people who are Not in Education, Employment, or Training (NEET), by increasing their employment opportunities in the footwear industry in Europe, while addressing companies’ significant skills mismatch. The innovation lies on a hands-on approach to education by creating a training system inspired by the successful Danish “Production School model”. This helps young people learn an occupation by doing, and develops their social, personal, and professional skills.
17:00 -17:30 Accreditation
17:30-17:35 Welcome speech - Matteo Borsani (Director of Confindustria Delegation to the EU)
17:35-17:45 Project presentation - Delila Kidanu (ThinkYoung)
17:45-18:00 Project pilot - Stefania Mancini (ArsSutoria School)
18:00-19:00 Panel discussion
* Luca Selva (Co-founder of ThinkYoung) - Moderator
* Valentina Casiraghi (Testimonial of a student)
* Cinzia del Rio (Economic and Social Committee, Rapporteur of EESC 2018 Opinion on the “Future of Work/ Skills”)
* Giovanna Ceolini (Vice-President of Assocalzaturifici and Co-founder of Thierry Rabotin)
* Carmen Arias (Secretary General of European Confederation of the Footwear Industry)
19:00-20:00 Networking cocktail
Please register to the event here.