External Website:View Website
Join the discussion on large-scale transport infrastructure, financing, growth and jobs, and the case of the Fehmarnbelt Fixed Link with the STRING network and our regional EU offices.
Time: 26 September from 12.15 to 16.00
Venue: European Parliament, room Jan4Q2
To register, please click HERE
Arrival, registration, coffee and sandwich
Welcome and opening speeches
Panel debate: The Fehmarn Belt Fixed Link creating economic growth and jobs
Why are investments into infrastructure and transport projects so important for the creation of economic growth and jobs?
Panel debate: Future financing of largescale infrastructure projects
How can we ensure financial support for large scale infrastructure projects such as the Fehmarn Belt Fixed Link also in the future?
Signing ceremony and reception: Signing of a joint declaration with key messages to the EU.
- Mr. Jeppe Kofod (S&D), MEP and Vice president of S&D, on behalf of the host MEPs
- Mr. Steen Bach Nielsen, Chairman of STRING
- Mr. Holger Schou Rasmussen, Mayor of Lolland Municipality, Vice president of the Danish-German Femernbelt Committee
- Mr. Ken Hem-Jensen, CEO of Danish Solar Energy ltd
- Mr. Bernd Buchholz, Minister for economic affairs and transport, Schleswig-Holstein
- Mr. Jens Nilsson, host MEP (S&D)
- Ms. Gesine Meißner, host MEP (ALDE)
- Mr. Pat Cox, European Coordinator for the TEN-T Scandinavian-Mediterranean Corridor
- Mr. Ajs Dam, Deputy project director of Femern A/S
- Mr. Daniel Alfreider, Member of Italian Parliament (TBC)
- Mr. Knut Fleckenstein, host MEP (S&D)
The panel sessions will be moderated by Emmy Harlid Westholm,
Policy Advisor, Region Skåne.