ESPON recently launched an open data portal that would allow users to monitor and analyse social, economic and environmental developments at local, regional, national and European level.
In scope of ESPON transnational outreach activities, ESPON is organising two training activities (free of charge) targeting both policy-makers and data-journalists to use this tool in the future. One will take in Brussels, and one will be online.
ESPON Database Portal:
- The ESPON Database Portal unleashes the potential of the original ESPON data (not found elsewhere), including up-to-date sets of base indicators with complete time-series on themes including demography, economy, environment and others, covering the ESPON space (European Union plus Switzerland, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein).
- The data included in the ESPON Database originates from European institutions such as EUROSTAT and EEA, complemented with data from all ESPON projects. This training will introduce the functionalities of the database portal in an effort to ensure an autonomous use of the portal in future.
- This database includes more than 700 indicators grouped in 12 thematic categories, easy to discover and navigate through a user-friendly interface, which allows visualization through graphics and maps.
These training activities will be particularly useful for you if:
- you wish to gain access to data that would allow you to analyse social, economic and environmental developments at local, regional, national, macro-regional and European level;
- you wish to assess territorial performance against policy priorities, actions and investment;
- one or more of these topics is currently on your agenda: migration, climate change, youth unemployment, population decline, economic and environmental trade-offs, foreign direct investment, small and medium-sized business, low-carbon and circular economy, poverty and deprivation, healthcare and public services, multimodal transport and accessibility;
- you are interested in developing new skills in territorial data analysis, data interpretation and presentation and gaining first insights into data web services and geographic information system (GIS) software.
Good to know:
- Participation is free of charge but requires registration. Register to the training in Brussels here, and the online training here.
- Both activities will be conducted in English
ERRIN is part of the ESPON TNO 2016-2019