The winners of the Horizon Impact Award 2020 have been announced at the European Research and Innovation Days in Brussels. The five winning projects come from France, Portugal, Germany and Austria.
The prize celebrates EU-funded projects that have created societal impact across Europe and beyond. The winners each receive €10,000.
The winning projects are:
- CARING (France) - Produced an eco-software to analyse millions of flights every year to identify the best fuel-saving practices.
- INVISIBLE (Portugal) - Generated a new technological field that can be used in a wide range of industries.
- MACH (Germany) - Developed a mobile driving unit that provides mobility and independence to children with late-stage heart failture.
- OCEAN SENTINEL (France) - Creates environmental and policy impact to threatened marine species.
- TRANSKRIBUS (Austria) - Uses AI to access and analyse historical documents and archives to contribute to the preservation of European Heritage.
Read more about the awards and the winning projects here.