DG R&I have published a policy brief on the role of research and innovation in support of Europe's recovery from the COVID-19 crisis. The report outlines the importance of R&I to ensure a sustainable and inclusive recovery while boosting the resilience of production sectors, the competitiveness of economies and the transformation of the socio-economic systems.
The report discusses:
- The role of R&I as an essential part of the coordinated EU response to the pandemic
- How R&I drive, enable and accelerate the digital and ecological transformation of our societies - with a focus on the European Green Deal
- The prioritisation of public investments in R&I
- Investments in innovative SMEs and start-ups
- Incentives for firms to create the capacity to maintain their economic activity
- R&I funding has been among the most impactful tools at EU level to tackle the COVID-19 outbreak.
To read the report, click here.