SwaftS-09-2018-2019 : Supporting research organisations to implement gender equality plans
Coordinator: The University of Strasbourg
- Implementing Gender Equality Plan (GEP) in research organisations and universities as “drivers” for systemic institutional changes, removing barriers to the recruitment, retention and career progression of female researchers
- Addressing gender imbalances in decision making processes
- Integrating gender dimension in research and innovation content by taking into account the biological characteristics and social/cultural features of women and men.
- Implementing gender equality plans (GEPs) referring to the GEAR tool of the European Commission
- Conduct assessment / audit of procedures and practices with relevant data to identify gender bias at organisation level;
- Implement effective actions to be developed over time, according to the identified bias
- Set targets and monitor progress via indicators at organisation level.
The consortium shall include academic partners, research funding organisations and professional associations. Each member will contribute to one or more project actions and specific objectives according to its skills, experiences and own inclination
The University of Strasbourg will be the coordinator:
The University of Strasbourg (Unistra) is at the starting stage of a GEP implementation. Nonetheless, it has eight years of experience in the political field of setting specific gender focused actions. One of which was to co-found and chair during six years the national standing conference for Equality and
Diversity Officers within French higher education institutions (CPED). This was an opportunity for Unistra to gain knowledge on the existing French provisions, national action plans and French legislation. In January 2017, the Rector of Unistra put in place an unprecedented vice-presidency dedicated to gender equality, with a long term commitment in the implementation of GEP at the highest management and political level.
The University of Strasbourg has a long and strong experience with coordinating European Projects, and a dedicated “Europe Office” with a strong expertise on European Project Management. The future consortium can rely on it.
A second partner is involved with strong expertise in setting GEP in its own university since 2013. It will help the other partners at the starting stage to implement their GEP, set targets and avoid pitfalls.
Academic partners: universities and research organisations at a starting/initial stage in the setting-up and implementation of gender equality plans.
Geographical location: Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, EU 13 countries, Tunisia.
Professional associations with a strong interest in the issue of gender equality:
- must have an experience in assessing procedures and practices
- must have an experience in identifying gender bias at academic organisation level and /or expertise in methodology to evaluate progress and changes
- Geographical location: all Europe
Research funding organisations strongly interested in the issue of gender equality
- must be eager to play an incentive role in promoting the gender issues in the academic sector
- must be committed in setting an incentive policy in regard to gender issue
Geographical location : all Europe
|Mélanie Feuerbach -||email@example.com|