WHO WE ARE
The Agrifood Campus of International Excellence ceiA3 is a joint initiative between 5 universities of southern Spain (Almeria, Cadiz, Huelva, Jaen and Cordoba as the university coordinator), together with the Andalusian Institute for Research and Training in Agriculture, Fisheries, Foods and Organic Production (IFAPA) and the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC).
It is the biggest agrifood oriented Campus of Spain, since it has more than 300 research groups specialized in agriculture and agrifood industry. In this context, ceiA3 aims at fostering the economic activity in rural territories where agriculture plays an important role in the development and growth of these regions.
ceiA3 plays an active role in disseminating and spreading the scientific work of the campus towards our target audience and the society in general. We use horizontal tools to ensure a high-quality design and implementation of our communication plan, as well as the dissemination plan of our ongoing projects. How do we do it?
- Connecting Academia, SMEs, other agrifood stakeholders and public Administrations in order to reinforce the knowledge triangle.
- Indicating regulatory bodies, organic producers, local action groups and local stakeholders involved in short food supply chains implemented in the territory.
- Ensuring dissemination of the project through the ceiA3 Scientific Communication office.
- Organizating and participating in technical events.
ceiA3 has experience in some EIP-Agri initiatives, taking part as member and coordinator of seven Operational Groups. Like this, ceiA3 is the innovation broker in the following Regional Operational Groups: DOSAOLIVAR (Dosage of Phytosanitary Products in Olive Groves), CUVrEN (Coverings of Native Species in Olive Groves), InnoTuber (new control measures and techniques for bovine tuberculosis in Andalusia), #DejaTuHuella, 4 Retornos (regeneration of degraded soils), Subpgan (improved management, valuation and marketing of livestock byproducts through innovation) and Huella de Agua (organic sector in Andalusia). These operational groups are focused on solutions and innovation search jointly between public and private sector. Here, we integrate the main food system actors to adopt technological and organizational innovation, reinforcing the relation among public institutions, organizations, producer groups, local action groups, companies, and other industry players.
Furthermore, ceiA3 is part of H2020 project BLOOM (Boosting European citizens knowledge and awareness of bioeconomy), whose main objective to establish open and informed dialogues, co-created by European citizens, the civil society, bioeconomy innovation networks, local research centers, business and industry stakeholders and various levels of government including the European Commission.
Moreover, our targeting areas are:
- Promoting innovation, cooperation and development of knowledge base in rural areas.
- Enhancing the connection between agriculture, food production, forestry and R&D in order to improve the environmental management and efficiency.
- Improving the competitiveness of primary products by better integrating them into the food chain through quality systems, added value to agricultural products, the promotion of local markets and short distribution circuits, producers’ associations and interprofessional organizations.
- Greater energy and water end-use efficiency in agriculture and food processing.
- Job creation, diversification and development of small-medium business.
It should be noted that ceiA3 leads the National Network of Agri-food CEIs (Campus of International Excellence) and has an active role in agrifood networks, such as the Vice-presidency of the INNOVAGRO network.
- ceiA3 is one of main promoters of Big Data and digitization as a tool to foster job creation and diversification in Andalusia.
- ceiA3 contributes to the Andalusian Bioeconomy Strategy. Together with Big Data, bioeconomy is one of the strategic lines of the Agrifood Campus of International Excellence ceiA3.