Presentation of the partner
The CTCPA is an industrial technical center ruled by the Code of Research (articles L342-1 to L342-13). In respect, it realizes general interest projects thanks to a fiscal contribution from French manufacturers of canned and dehydrated products. The Center is recognized by the DGAL as a reference center for the establishment and the validation of thermal treatment scales.
These projects come under different forms:
First of all, the CTCPA works to anticipate and participate in the technological evolutions interesting the food sector by leading programs of collective research, chosen by professionals and sustained by the French administration.
Another priority mission, by large, is to participate in innovation with a specific focus on the transfer of this innovation to the industries, including small and medium-sized companies as well as larger groups.
Working as a link between the scientific research and the food industries, the CTCPA also has a role in diffusing the knowledge gained from programs and scientific partnerships via seminars, publications and/or training.
The CTCPA dutifully accomplishes its work as technical center by including the transfer of skills all the way to the company by using individual actions of results valorization and providing technical support.
Its position gives the CTCPA the obligation to represent and assist all food sectors, notably in relation with French and European public administration.
In order to correctly achieves its missions, the CTCPA concludes collaboration agreements with all the main actors of the Research and Development in food : research institutes, food technical centers, transfer centers …
The CTCPA is regularly involved in research programs under agreement, with different French and European organizations and institutions. These programs are realized with our technical and scientific partners as well as other enterprises.
The CTCPA and INRA Paca "Qualiveg 2" UMT (UMR SQPOV) has been approved by the Ministry of Agriculture and Food.
The CTCPA in partnership with INRA Paca (UMR SQPOV) has received approval for the UMT project "Qualiveg 2" (Improving the quality of fruit and vegetables processed through innovation), for a period of 5 years starting in January 2018. This new UMT project extends this research theme to upstream agriculture through an approach that combines process and raw materials. The expected results for industrialists are in particular:
- Identify relevant, objective and accepted quality criteria for processed plant products by both producers and processors,
- Integrate and control the variability of the raw material through process modification or formulation,
- And improve the competitiveness of companies.
European project in which we were involved
· Succipack (FP7) : Active, intelligent and sustainable food packaging using polybutylenesuccinate (PBS)
· Prometheus (FP7) : Reduce chemical contaminants induced by manufacturing processes by maintaining quality and safety of food products
· Optifel (FP7) : Optimised food products for elderly population
· Smartchain (SFS34 – H2020) : Towards Innovation - driven and smart solutions in short food supply chains
· Mypack (SFS35 – H2020) : Best markets for the exploitation of innovative sustainable food packaging solutions
· FOX (SFS16 - H2020) : FOOD IN A BOX