EU Funding for Defence and Security
External Website:View Website
Slovenian Business and Research Association (SBRA), Brussels and the Ministry of Defence of Republic of Slovenia,
are pleased to invite you to the conference on
EU FUNDING FOR DEFENCE AND SECURITY
8 March 2018, 10:00 – 15:00
Permanent Representation of the Republic of Slovenia, Rue du Commerce 44, Brussels
The objective of the conference is to present the EU defence policy and the landscape of different EU funding opportunities for defence industry and research. The conference will focus on the European Defence Fund, which includes a "research window" to fund collaborative research in innovative defence technologies in the amount of EUR 90 million until 2020 and 500 million EUR per year post 2020 and a "capability window" which would act as a financial tool allowing participating Member States to purchase certain assets together to reduce their costs. This window should be able to mobilise about 5 billion EUR per year.
The programme of the conference will include the following:
- Presentation of the EU defence policy and funding programmes for defence industry and research (European Commission)
- Presentation of 2018 calls for preparatory action on defence research (European Commission)
- Roles of participation in 2018 calls for proposals on defence research (European Defence Agency)
- Presentation of Horizon 2020 Security calls 2018-2020 (European Commission)
- Presentation of Slovenian defence industry and research (Ministry of Defence of Republic of Slovenia)
- 5-7 good cases from defence industry and research (representatives of defence companies and research)
- Presentation of two defence clusters from Netherlands and Denmark
- Defence industry and research in EU post 2020 (European Commission)
Most of the high-level speakers for the above-mentioned topics have already confirmed their participation. The programme of the conference will soon be available on our website www.sbra.be.
The conference will be followed by a networking lunch accompanied by a selection of Slovenian wine from Vinakoper.
Should you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact Ms Maja Ferlinc via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high demand and limited space, please register as soon as possible here.
Looking forward to hearing from you and wishing you happy holidays,