When you visit our website, we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns (i.e. number of visitors to the various parts of the site, IP). This information is only processed in an aggregate way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
Personal information may be collected in the following instances and used for the following purposes:
- Keep you updated about ERRIN services and activities;
- Inform you about other services we feel may interest you on the basis of the preferences expressed in your account;
- Contact you about the network, not only in response to a specific enquiry via email and / or telephone;
- Send you tailored emails and newsletters;
- Notify you about working group meetings, events, reports, working documents.
Please notice that ERRIN newsletters are distributed by the online service MailChimp and therefore we will provide them with your contact details. Please note that MailChimp uses web beacons to gather information about the success of their email campaigns (e.g. when an email was opened, IP address). Please be also aware that that MailChimp use servers in the US, and therefore your data may be transferred outside the EEA. However, all these companies operate under the EU-US and Swiss-US Protection Shields to ensure your rights regarding data protection when the data is transferred to the US. Please find their privacy policies in the following links: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/, https://www.oracle.com/legal/privacy/services-privacy-policy.html.