The European Regions for Smart Communities Summit will be the celebration of the success and achievements of cooperation across Smart Communities and an opportunity to mutually commit to sharing challenges and smart solutions. Following its successful first edition during the Portuguese Presidency of the EU in 2021, this year's summit will be organised between 9-14 May in Évora (Alentejo, Portugal) and online.
The event will gather local and regional leaders from across Europe to discuss how to involve the citizens and stakeholders in co-promoting smarter small cities, towns, villages and regions for a better tomorrow, as well as key speakers from European institutions. It will feature sessions, a forum, dialogues, workshops, labs, cultural moments and activities aimed at enhancing the role of regional and urban hubs of smart communities in achieving the green, blue and bright digital transformation.
The themes and topics to be debated during the 2022 edition are:
- Day 1 - Keyword: EUROPE; Smarter Communities, better Europe
- Day 2 - Keyword: INVESTMENT; Stronger governance, Smarter territories
- Day 3 - Keyword: INNOVATION; Regional Innovation, Europe better fit for future
- Day 4 - Keyword: EXCELLENCE; Stronger cooperation, Smarter transformation
- Day 5 - Keyword: LEADERSHIP; Smarter regions, stronger Europe
The event is welcoming:
- Elected officials in regional, urban or municipal governments;
- Members of local, regional or urban public authorities
- Investors looking for insights on emerging regions’ strategies
- Strategists looking for inspirational cross-exchange experiences
- Planners, looking for references and examples of case-studies
- Local or regional elected officials, or candidates, open to sharing visions
- Researchers and students looking for recent advancements and new ideas
- Entrepreneurs looking for emerging opportunities
- Professionals looking for more vibrant economic landscapes
- Brussels-based representatives of regions, cities, clusters and networks
Learn more, find the agenda and register here.
The European Regions for Smart Communities Summit is organised by the H2020-AURORAL project led by CCDR Alentejo, with the support from Alentejo Europe Initiative, ADRAL, Living-in.EU, RegHub, OASC, European Digital SME Alliance and IrRADIARE, Science for Evolution.