An upcoming event will consider how the world's growing population will provide food and livelihood opportunities without undermining the sustainability of our resources. It will ask: what are the tradeoffs available to balance conservation and food security objectives in oceans and seas?
The event will also discuss:
- What is the sustainability status of fisheries and aquaculture resources?
- What is the contribution of fisheries and aquaculture to food and livelihood security?
- What have we learned from successes that can be used to address sustainability failures?
- How do we incorporate fish in food and nutrition strategies in the context of transformative food systems?
- The 'Farm to Fork' strategy of the Green Deal.
The event is organised under the European Parliament intergroup on climate change, biodiversity and sustainable development in collaboration with the European Parliamentary Alliancne against Hunger and Malnutrition.