A High-level Webinar of the Baltic Sea Region – Towards Sustainable Economic Transformation over Zoom will take place on the 28th of September with Maroš Šefčovič, Vice President, Interinstitutional Relations and Foresight, European Commission and Markku Markkula, Vice President, European Committee of the Regions.
The event focuses on the future opportunities of the Baltic Sea Region in order to speed-up sustainable economic transformation and implementing SDGs, while contributing to the post-crisis’s recovery and resilience.
The event will look at how regions embed Smart Specialisation Strategies in their regional, economic, and spatial development policies. By working with nine regions in each of the Baltic Sea Region countries the organiser intended to get an insight into how Smart Specialisation Strategy affects the future prospects of the regions. During the event the new book ‘Sustainable Baltic Sea Region – towards Economic Transformation by Smart Specialisation Strategies’ will be launched.
The Webinar agenda addresses these main topics (timing EEST):
- 10.00 Opening remarks
- 10.30 Policy discussion on ‘Sustainable Economic Transformation’ in the Baltic Sea Region
- 11.20 Launch of the Book ‘Sustainable BSR Towards Economic Transformation by Smart Specialisation Strategies’
- 11.50 Panel on ‘Leadership & Innovation – Future invented with Youth’ in Baltic Sea Region
- 12.40 Introduction to “BSR Strategic Instruments for Sustainable and Entrepreneurial Capacity Building”
- 12.50 Experienced Insights – How to Move Forward to Actions
- 13.20 Closing Remarks on the Future of Smart Specialisation and the Baltic Sea Region
- 13.35 Virtual Cocktails
For further information and agenda, please check the Smart-up Website.
Registration for the webinar is open and is possible through the above-mentioned website or directly here: https://webropol.com/s/bsrconference. Deadline for the registration is 25.9.2020.