On 25 October of 2021, the Horizon 2020 funded project 'SmartAgriHubs' will organise a high-level online event. This event aims at fostering debates with key representatives from different fields of the young agricultural sector and the European decision-makers. The event will be chaired by MEPs Bert-Jan Ruissen & Jeremy Decerle, with the support of CEJA, Region Pays de la Loire, MIJARC Europe, RUMRA & Smart Villages and the Young Professionals Network.
It will highlight how smart solutions, new technologies, Digital Innovation Hubs and social networks are having a beneficial effect on young farmers and their practices. The meeting will convey important speakers from the agri-food sector alongside representatives from the EU institutions.
Registration to the event is possible on this link.
The event will be divided into three sessions, each on a different topic but all dealing with the EU’s smart agriculture advancements and young farming.
- Introduction (9.30h - 9.35h)
- Session 1 (9.35h - 10.15h): Challenges encountered by young farmers
- Session 2 (10.15h - 10.55h): How DIHs can help to overcome present obstacles of agriculture
- Coffee Break & Video exhibition (10.55 - 11.10h)
- Session 3 (11.10h - 11.55h): New tools to communicate and disseminate for farmers, along with career advice for the agri-tech sector
- Closing session (11.55h - 12h)
For the purpose of the event, young farmers are encouraged to send a short video describing their experience working in rural areas. The videos will be uploaded on the youtube channel of the project after the event. The two questions to adress in the videos are the following:
- What are your challenges as young farmers?
- How is digitalization or digital tools helping you to tackle these challenges?
More details about the video settings can be found here : https://www.smartagrihubs.eu/latest-events/Video-Testimonials-EP-event