Technopolis Group will be delivering a Policy Advisory Exercise on behalf of the Government of Ecuador, as part of the EU-CELAC Policy Advisory Initiative for Research and Innovation (bilateral cooperation EU-CELAC). The aim of the exercise, will be to provide recommendations aimed at “strengthening knowledge transfer mechanisms to enable uptake of public research outputs by social actors” in the country. It will focus on strengthening the mechanisms of knowledge transfer helping entities from the productive sector, as well as other sectors of society, put into practice the knowledge generated by public research organisations and universities. The exercise will be delivered by a team of three high level experts, supported by Technopolis Group consultants.
For this purpose the Technopolis Group is looking for experts with strong knowledge on knowledge transfer and open science policies and practices in the EU context, as well as with familiarity of the Latin American context. Specifically they are looking for:
- High level experts enjoying international recognition, preferably also in the LATAM region, with widely acknowledged experience and skills;
- Distinctive higher education qualifications at doctoral level and a strong academic background, documented by a list of publications;
- In-depth professional R&I expertise in knowledge transfer / open science and related fields, especially from a public policy design / strategy point of view;
- Ability to assess policies and programmes, analyse the general context (legislative, political, institutional etc.), examine issues falling in the scope of the exercise and develop practical policy-related recommendations;
- Good knowledge of the particularities of the EU and Latin American region in the given areas and familiarity with national STI systems, desirably including the Ecuadorian one;
- Proficiency in English and working knowledge of Spanish are required.
The advisory exercise is scheduled to run from January 2019 until June 2019. It will require limited and short-term travel to Ecuador. It is foreseen that individual experts will need to invest up to 25 days of work during this time frame.
Interested candidates should reply to email@example.com expressing interest (cc Carlos Hinojosa) before November 27. This email should include an updated short CV (max. 3 pages) highlighting relevant experiences. If you need additional information, please feel free to contact Liliana Pinzón. Also, feel free to disseminate this invitation to relevant contacts.
ERRIN is open to collaboration beyond Europe and has therefore been supporting LAC projects for many years