The Joint Research Centre (JRC) is inviting cross-boundary proposals for projects to experiment, prototype and demonstrate ideas for the New European Bauhaus. The JRC European Laboratory for Structural Assessment (ELSA) Reaction Wall and the Nanobiotechnology Laboratory will serve as a collaboration platform to stimulate creativity and innovation in the built environment.
The call for proposals is open until 16 January 2022. Please find more information here.
Priority topics may address, but are not limited to:
- safe and green renovation of buildings
- nanomaterials in buildings and construction (projects under this topic will use both the ELSA Reaction Wall and the Nanobiotechnology Laboratory)
- design and retrofit for resilience
- safety of built infrastructure against multiple hazards, including climate change
- new materials and technologies
- sustainable construction
- application of advanced testing methods.
Prospective applicants are strongly encouraged to contact JRC-OPEN-ELSA@ec.europa.eu for clarifying matters concerning the technical capabilities of the facility, feasibility, cost, time schedule, etc.