The European Commission has adopted its 2021 work programme, which focuses on six highlighted areas including the European Green Deal and making Europe fit for a digital age. Every year the Commission puts forward its work programme for the proceeding year, comprising a list of actions to be taken.
This year, there are 44 policy objectives organised under six headlines. The six headlines are:
- A European Green Deal - including a Fit for 55 package, which aims to reduce emissions by at least 55% by 2030
- A Europe fit for a digital age
- An economy that works for people - including recovery plans following the pandemic
- A stronger Europe in the world - including a continuation of the Commission's work towards a safe and accessible COVID-19 vaccine
- Promoting our European way of life
- A new push for European democracy.
The full work programme can be downloaded here. Learn more about ERRIN's ongoing EU R&I policy work here.