ERRIN (European Regions Research and Innovation Network) is a Brussels-based platform that gathers around 120 regional organisations in more than 20 European countries. ERRIN aims to strengthen the regional and local dimension in EU research and innovation policy and programmes.
ERRIN was established in 2001 as an informal network and has since then been on an incremental growth path moving from an informal network to a not-for-profit organisation that employs ten full-time staff members. ERRIN's office is located in the Nordic House on rue du Luxembourg, 1000 Brussels, where many ERRIN regions are situated.
Job description – the purpose of the role
The objectives of the role include supporting the delivery of high-quality services to members, raising the profile of ERRIN within the EU research and innovation environment in Brussels, and contributing to the overall communication strategy.
ERRIN currently has 13 Working Groups covering a wide variety of research and innovation topics. The Working Groups are co-led by ERRIN members and supported by the ERRIN secretariat. The Working Groups are at the core of ERRIN's activities, and all staff members are engaged in facilitating and ensuring the efficient functioning of the Working Groups. The Member Relations and Communications Officer will initially support the Working Groups on ICT and Smart Cities.
The Member Relations and Communications Officer will work closely with the Director and the communications team to develop and maintain the excellent delivery of ERRIN's membership services and communicate these in a coherent and impactful manner.
Responsibilities and foreseen scope of tasks
- Actively develop processes that improve member services
- Manage the member space on the ERRIN website
- Create and manage the member database and further develop member related administrative procedures in cooperation with the Administration & HR Officer
- Assist the Director in promoting ERRIN and increasing and retaining ERRIN members, which will involve developing communication materials, presentations and good working relationships with all members, both face-to-face and virtual contacts
- Support the Director in the organisation of the bi-annual General Meetings
- Create content for the ERRIN website and social media accounts
- Produce the ERRIN Newsletter, which is sent out every two weeks (shared responsibility)
- Monitor EU research and innovation policy developments
- Support with internal communications
- Be responsible for communication tasks related to the European projects MOSAIC and GreenGrowth – social media accounts, website content, and project newsletters
- Facilitate the functioning of three ERRIN Working Groups
- Support the Working Groups to develop the annual work plans, define priorities, and when suitable follow up processes and initiatives run by the European Commission
- Support the organisation of events and meetings. This will involve close cooperation with ERRIN members and, in particular, Working Group leaders
- Support the development of Working Group meeting agendas, attend the meetings, and organise the reporting of the meetings on the website
- University degree
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of European research and innovation policy and the related funding programmes, in particular, Horizon 2020/Horizon Europe
- Experience in working with local and regional authorities or regional actors
- Excellent use of English (both written and spoken), fluency in another EU language would be an asset
- Ability to work and contribute to a multicultural environment
- Ability to multitask and the capacity to work well under time constraints
We offer a competitive gross monthly salary between €2400-3000 depending on experience, meal vouchers, Brussels transport pass, a permanent contract and healthcare benefits.
Potential candidates are asked to send a CV and cover letter to Teresa.Vio@errin.eu, clearly stating the possible starting date and contact details.
Deadline for applications: 28 April 17.00 CET
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.