The second call from the European Commission Coronavirus Response has funded 23 new research projects, with teams from 40 countries, 16 of which are outside the EU. Researchers within the projects will use the funding to address the pandemic and mitigate its effects.
Specifically, the projects will look at:
- Repurposing manufacturing for rapid production of medical supplies
- The development of medical technologies and digital tools
- Analysing behavioural and socio-economic impacts
- Learning from large patient cohorts
- Enhancing existing EU and international cohorts by networking research institutions.
Eighteen projects had previously been funded by this special H2020 call. Learn more here.