Regions and communities are now invited by the European Commission to complete a survey expressing their interest in joining the Mission on Adaptation to Climate Change. After survey responses have been reviewed, eligible regions will be invited to sign the Mission Charter.
Last month, ERRIN co-organised a sounding board on the Mission with the Commission, who presented to Charter. Learn more here. Since then, ERRIN gathered members input on the Charter and have submitted that to the Adaptation Mission secretariat.
According to the Commission, by signing up to the Charter and the tenets of the EU Mission on Adaptation to Climate Change, regions and communities will become part of a community of practice on adaptation and have the opportunity to network and share with other European regions and communities.
Signatories will also have access to the services of the Mission Implementation Platform, which will be operational in early 2023. These will comprise:
- Help with accessing knowledge and methods on climate risk assessments
- Access to best practice examples from other regions and information on the latest research results
- Support with linking these examples and research results with local adaptation plans, roadmaps or adaptation pathways
- Access to tools, examples and best practices for interacting and engaging with citizens
- Advice on possible public and private funding sources for adaptation.
Learn more here and complete the survey here.