The main aim of this project proposal is to validate in real environment and to launch with commercial purposes a new kind of concrete with polymers with better properties than conventional ones. In addition, the behaviour of this concrete with structural elements has also been studied.
This project proposal starts from a previous one, that of Structural concrete for earthquakes, which was co-financed by the Spanish Centre for the Development of Industrial Technology (CDTI) with a budget of 270.107€ to develop a special concrete which structural behaviour to be tested in reinforced concrete.
Several tests have been made in order to develop the new concrete, with the following milestones:
- At a distance of 30 cm between supports, we have reached deformations of 2.5 cm. The material maintains the loads to which it was exposed to.
- Regarding existing publications, we have obtained formulations in which the aggregate size can be increased (4-5mm), obtaining the desired properties of high ductility.
We aim to study and to develop:
- Some kind of concrete with better behaviour against earthquakes (concrete dosage with a high resistance (it has been obtained only 20Mpa and high ductility)
- Decorative elements of the façade with bigger dimension thickness without supporting steel
- Concrete slabs with a structural function thickness to be used in pedestrian bridges, horizontal protection, balconies, etc.