After 3 years of implementation, the Life Adaptate project is in the position to disseminate the concrete GREEN developments implemented so far.
The Life Adaptate partners have develop and formally approve Sustainable Energy and Climate Action Plans (SECAP) in 6 municipalities in 3 different countries (Latvia, Portugal and Spain), including climate change adaptation and mitigation measures. We have also implemented a range of Pilot Actions with a remarkable “green content”:
- creation of wooded areas with drip irrigation using treated water from the local treatment plant
- construction of combined bike-pedestrian pathways to connect green zones to areas shaded by new trees and open-air converted walkways
- recovery of one artificial lake and construction of a natural lake
- installation of awnings to create shaded areas in town, also integrating renewable energies in some cases
By doing so, we are providing neighbours in target areas with pleasant environment in which to walk, enjoy and live together, more in particular:
- reducing the effects of urban heat waves, creating new recreation areas,
- reducing local temperatures in urban areas, achieving reduced runoff by means of Sustainable Drainage Systems
- new water infrastructures preventing from flood, supplying water for irrigations and supporting forest firefighting.
To communicate these achievements, the project has organised a technical seminar during the #EUGreenWeek2020 to be held online the next Tuesday 20th October from 09:30 (CET time).
Join us by Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82533944106?pwd=N2Q4WkpSa3FrM2J3SFpGUmhYeXM3QT09
ID: 825 3394 4106 - acces code: 297493
More information: http://lifeadaptate.eu/en/