During the annual #EUGreenWeek Gothenburg European Office are proud to organize the workshop “EU Policy and Urban Water Management – Challenges of Implementation” in collaboration with European Commission, EurEau, Svenskt Vatten and the Spanish Association of Water Supply and Sanitation.
During the workshop we will explore challenges faced by municipal water companies in their implementation of the EU Water Framework Directive and Urban Wastewater Treatment Directive (UWWTD) by discussing the following themes in three separate group discussions:
- water quality objectives
- circularity and reuse of water
- rising sea-levels and cloudbursts
Our main goal with the event is to showcase challenges of implementing EU Water policies in urban areas and cities, and for this feedback to be considered during policy revisions, particularly in relation to the UWWTD. We are therefore glad to confirm the participation of representatives from the European Commission during the separate group discussions.
The workshop will be moderated by Anders Finnson, Senior Environmental Advisor, Svenskt Vatten, and you will hear input from the following speakers:
- Nele Rosenstock, Policy Officer (DG ENVI)
- Lena Blom, R&D Manager (City of Gothenburg)
- Josefine Evertsson, Environmental Analyst (City of Gothenburg)
- Greet de Gueldre, Chair of the EurEau Joint Working Group on Pollutants, (EurEau)
- Peter Sörngård, Senior Environmental Adviser (Svenskt Vatten)
- Gari Villa-Landa Sokolova, Head of International Affairs (Spanish Association of Water Supply and Sanitation)
>> You can sign up to our event here <<