A workshop asking 'is there a relationship between innovation and place-based conditions?' will take place in Brussels in March. The question will be tackled by the Joint Research Centre, in partnership with the Committee of the Regions' dedicated research line on Place-based Innovation Ecosystems (PIEs).
The case-studies orientated research, formed from five different PIEs in EU countries and one US country, will be presented at the event. The workshop will scrutinise the key enabling conditions needed for each investigated local innovation ecosystems to flourish.
The case studies that will be presented are:
- Espoo Innovation Garden and Aalto University (Finland)
- Gothenburg and Vovlo Companies (Sweden)
- Ljubljana Start-Up Ecosystem and the Technology Park Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- Barcelona and Digital Social Innovation centres (Spain)
- Boston-Cambridge Innovation Districts (USA).
Once the case studies have been considered there will be an open debate with policymakers. Please see the attached programme for more information, and register by sending an email here.