Central Sweden is the bridge between the EU and the regions of Dalarna, Gävleborg and Örebro. Our goal is to contribute to achieving the members’ regional development strategies from an EU perspective. We are generalists who help the regions’ experts to consider EU perspectives to have an influence in the regions’ important issues and to use the potential of the EU’s sectoral programs. Central Sweden works within two fields of activities: political lobbying and project support. Our tools to reach these objectives are EU analysis, supply of information, networking, education, setting up meetings and study visits. Key topics and areas of interest: transport and infrastructure, research and innovation, Cohesion Policy and Structural Funds, Energy, Climate and Sustainable societies.
Rue du Luxembourg 3
Region Örebro county: The strategy shows the direction of the regional innovation work and points out the areas of knowledge where Region Örebro county believe that the region has unique opportunities to develop new niches for industrial and societal development. The priorities are:
- Autonomous, digital, and intelligent production systems
– Industrial systems
- Welfare technology Inclusive and mobilising innovation
- Food in the intersection of culinary arts, health, and sustainability
– Food industry and production
- Functional and sustainable food
- Public meals
Region Dalarna: In Dalarna’s agenda for smart specialisation, four areas are prioritised. advanced industry innovative experience production energy-efficient society health and welfare.
- Digital services and processes
– Industrial process IT
- Broadband and sensor technology, Geolocalisation and positioning, Internet of things
- Material technology and sustainable production Smart sustainable cities and societies
– Effective transportation, energy efficiency, energy systems and sustainable city building, both from a planning perspective and house construction and waste remediation
- The sustainable and inclusive organisation of work
- Bioeconomy – sustainable production and value-adding processes to refine biomass to reduce climate effects and to reduce the use of fossil-based products.